Rotating the phone to landscape caused users of the app to experience a suboptimal experience. Turns out we had some legacy code that was manually calculating the size and position of each “chip”. 😱Continue Reading
A new machine. Now what? Time to set it all up. Inevitably I end up going back and forth from my old machine or worse yet, my memory, to figure out what needs to be installed. No more. Today, I have compiled a list of everything I need to feel productive with a new dev machine. Perhaps, this can help you as well.Continue Reading
We’re adding the use of dynamic feature modules to our app. This will help us to improve build speeds, conditionally include features and decouple our code. As noted previously, we make use of Dagger Multibinding and the Android Job library to handle our background tasks.
When we created our first feature module we ran into an issue when we attempted to move the associated
Job classes. Let me walk you through the problem, the solution we settled on and then proposed next steps.